An Operations Manager’s position is to direct and control the company’s operations which includes: products, resources, employees, processes, and procedures. The position manages the route delivery, service/installation, and plant functions of the dealership to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. He/She is also responsible for maintaining a motivated and competent team of service providers, provide open and effective communications throughout the dealership as well as working to attain company goals.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Participate in training and meetings as required.
- Determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Actively participate and share ideas for improvement that will positively shape the relationship the Company has with its customers.
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hiring, evaluations, or promotions.
- Calculate labor and equipment requirements and production specifications, using standard formulas.
- Plan and develop new products and production processes.
- Implement and manage business systems.
- Watch for industry trends and communicate and share recommendations for best practices to President/Owner.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ensure the responsible use, safety, and care of equipment. Ensure preventive maintenance requirements are met and that work areas are kept clean.
- Support and incorporate the Company’s mission, vision, and core values into daily endeavors.
- All other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in operations management (or a related field) and have prior experience in a management or leadership position. A deep understanding of financial management is also a plus.
- Ability to work with Excel Spreadsheets including functions and formatting
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Project a strong professional presence in appearance, actions, and personal demeanor in representing the Company.
- Exhibits accountability for business performance.
- Type 40+ WPM
- Understand and use Microsoft Outlook including email and calendar functions
- Demonstrate professional business correspondence including email and word processing
- Demonstrate 10 Key Proficiency
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Ability to read a map and provide directions
- Familiarity with Brown County and the surrounding communities