Role and Responsibilities
The Route Driver performs deliveries along a specific route and handles invoicing and collections for product delivered. Additionally, drivers are expected to deliver a high degree of service that exceeds the expectations of customers.
- Delivering products to homes and industry in an efficient and timely manner.
- Preparing, processing, and executing delivery orders in additional to collecting related monies and issuing invoices.
- Have a selling mentality, always be ready to sell a product or service to each person you talk to.
- Handling customer issues, complaints and problems in a courteous and prompt manner while exhibiting an overall customer –focused style of service.
- Following all safety protocols and company regulations.
- Basic knowledge of: filter changes, reset timers on equipment, clean backwash restrictors, hooking up PE or DI tanks properly, know the difference between tanks-
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment.
- After completing route and taking care of daily duties of cleaning out truck and putting items away, check with manager for additional tasks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school Diploma or equivalent GED
- 1-3 years route experience
- Ability to use a handheld computer
- Attention to detail and ability to follow protocols along with a strong sense of timeliness and organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- A valid driver’s license
Salary range is base plus commission.
Fill out the application below to see if you have what it takes… We may contact you by email, phone, or text for an interview.